Ask About The Elephant GP Toolkit
posted by Carl Billington on 28 July 2011
In 2010, the Ministry of Health sent ABC toolkits to practices around the country with various resources to support and simplify the ABC approach.
We have added an electronic copy of each of the key resources tbelow. The resources include:
- A5 coding card - lists the various ZCPI, Activity and Read codes used by different practices. The purpose of this card was to bring the different coding variations together under common headings so they are comparable. You do NOT need to use all these codes. If you are a coding practice you should see the codes you use here - continue to use those you are familiar with.
- GP pad* - summarises pharmaceutical treatment options
- ABC and NRT quick reference card
- ABC Key Messages for Frontline Health Workers
- Post-It notes - feel free to print and use. We do still have a small supply of physical copies still available as well.
We will add additional resources and tools as they are available. We also still have a limited number of hard copies of most of these items which we are happy to provide on request.
*Please Note: The reference to Varenicline (Champix) in the GP Pad has been updated as Champix has now been made available, and fully subsidised, on special authority. The original printed copies of this resource will now be out of date - please use this file as a replacement.