The Peri-operative (Preadmission) Pathway
originally posted by WM Admin on 13 September 2010 and updated 14 February 2014
The service will be reviewed and redesigned to ensure patients are case managed prior to surgery. The drive is to improve the work-up of patients for elective work, reduce cancellations, and better utilise anaesthetist consultant resources. The project will include;
- a new pathway for the preadmission process to ensure the service is streamlined.
- strengthening case management of patients prior to surgery
- expanding roles within the existing workforce.
- enhancing skill mix within the workforce, providing training and education on criteria for peri operative patients.
- provide patient focused booking (opportunity to be seen on day of FSA).
Target population: Elective Surgery Patients in the Southland Region.
What Worked Well
See the final report for this programme at: http://www.hiirc.org.nz/page/42167/espwp-final-reports/
Jun 30, 2010
Jan 1, 2013