The Peri-operative (Preadmission) Pathway
originally posted by WM Admin on 2010-09-13 09:20:01.855 and updated 2014-02-14 11:53:51.62
The service will be reviewed and redesigned to ensure patients are case managed prior to surgery. The drive is to improve the work-up of patients for elective work, reduce cancellations, and better utilise anaesthetist consultant resources. The project will include;
- a new pathway for the preadmission process to ensure the service is streamlined.
- strengthening case management of patients prior to surgery
- expanding roles within the existing workforce.
- enhancing skill mix within the workforce, providing training and education on criteria for peri operative patients.
- provide patient focused booking (opportunity to be seen on day of FSA).
Target population: Elective Surgery Patients in the Southland Region.
What Worked Well
See the final report for this programme at: http://www.hiirc.org.nz/page/42167/espwp-final-reports/