Reducing length of stay (case studies, England)
posted by WM Admin on 2014-10-31 08:52:06.847
The Nuffield Trust held an interactive, expert-led seminar which brought together NHS trusts, commissioning groups and experts in the field to share learning and explore ways to improve hospital lengths of stay (LoS).
Participants discussed approaches that have been successful in reducing LoS and have subsequently improved flow through hospitals without having a detrimental impact on the wider health and social care system or patient outcomes/experience.
A series of case studies outlining successful approaches to reducing length of stay were presented during the event:
- Good Hope Hospital, Heart of England Foundation Trust
- Healthcare at Home
- Northumbria Healthcare Foundation Trust
- Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
To view the case studies, and for further information, go to: http://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/talks/reducing-hospital-length-stay