Implementing Medicines New Zealand 2015 to 2020
posted by WM Admin on 2015-06-29 08:50:45.412
Medicines New Zealand (the New Zealand medicines strategy) provides the overarching framework to govern the regulation, procurement, management and use of medicines in New Zealand.
The three core outcomes for the medicines system as set out in the Strategy are:
- optimal use
- quality, safety and efficacy.
Implementing Medicines New Zealand is about the changes required to deliver on Medicines New Zealand. This action plan supports the achievement of the Strategy’s outcomes by:
- making the most of every point of care
- enabling shared care through an integrated health care team
- optimal use of antimicrobials
- empowering individuals and families/whānau to manage their own medicines and health
- optimal medicines use in older people and those with long-term conditions
- competent and responsive prescribers
- removing barriers to access.
This will be done by harnessing the collective efforts of all health professionals, including those working in community organisations, primary health care, pharmacies, hospitals, rest homes and end-of-life care.
Implementing Medicines New Zealand 2015 to 2020 can be downloaded at: http://www.health.govt.nz/publication/implementing-medicines-new-zealand-2015-2020
Ministry of Health (2015). Implementing Medicines New Zealand 2015 to 2020. Wellington: Miistry of Health