June issue of Best Practice magazine (bpac) focuses on antibiotic use
posted by WM Admin on 2015-06-29 15:36:21.892
The June 2015 issue of Best Practice magazine (bpac) focuses on antibiotic use. Contents include:
- Upfront: Time to reduce antibiotic prescribing – NOW
- Debate: Do you prescribe antibiotics for respiratory tract infections? An everyday conundrum in general practice
- Is it ok to stop antibiotics when symptoms resolve?
- Delayed antibiotic prescriptions for respiratory tract infections: does the strategy work?
- Should I prescribe a topical antiseptic cream instead of a topical antibiotic for minor skin infections?
- Is point-of-care CRP testing useful in guiding antibiotic prescribing in patients with respiratory tract infections?
- Do probiotics provide effective and safe protection against antibiotic-associated adverse effects?
- When is an allergy to an antibiotic really an allergy?
- The role of prophylactic antibiotics for preventing infective endocarditis in people undergoing dental or other minor procedures
- Cellulitis: skin deep and spreading across New Zealand
To read the issue in full text, go to: http://www.bpac.org.nz/BPJ/2015/June/contents.aspx