The Ministry of Health established HIIRC in 2010 to improve the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders by sharing examples of innovation and quality improvement, and by making New Zealand research more available to people working in health.
How to submit content
You do not need to register for HIIRC to view the content on this site. You do need to register if you wish to add your profile, subscribe to daily updates or share your knowledge with your colleagues across New Zealand. See the user instructions for more detail.
Who can submit content?
We encourage clinicians, researchers and policy-makers to share their professional experience and insights by submitting material to the HIIRC site.
Some rules for publication
Participation in the HIIRC website constitutes agreement to the following rules, which apply to comments, profile information, any other content on this site, and participation in general.
- Only post items to HIIRC that are relevant to the scope of the site.
- When posting, be courteous and respect other contributors' viewpoints.
- In accordance with New Zealand law, do not use language that can be considered discriminatory on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual preference, nationality, age, disability, etc.
- Do not use this site to breach court orders or make allegations about people.
- Your contributions must not be personally abusive. Never use threatening language or terms. Do not use swear words, or defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise illegal material.
- Do not put whole words or sentences in capital letters or make excessive use of exclamation marks.
- Photographs and video may be sent to the site. HIIRC reserves the right to store electronically any pictures sent in by readers.
- Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article and link to, or provide, the source. Posting the entire article, even with the source, often constitutes copyright infringement.
- Do not post advertisements for, or links to, commercial services.
- Only events run by, or on behalf of, non-profit organisations / associations should be posted.
The administrators of the site reserve the right to correct spelling, grammar mistakes and typographical errors in posted items, and to change any allocated tags to ensure the item appears in the correct section of the site. Items may also be edited to ensure they do not breach copyright laws.
By submitting an item you are consenting to its display on the site. You are also agreeing to abide by the rules, take responsibility for your contributions and accept that your contributions may be edited or deleted. In cases of repeated breaches of these publication rules a user's account may be suspended.
All items posted on HIIRC express their authors’ personal point of view. HIIRC neither supports nor condones the content of these messages, as long as they comply with the publication rules.
Alerting the HIIRC administrators to inappropriate material
It is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of an item before it is posted. If you believe that someone is in breach of HIIRC’s user guidelines or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please use the “Flag as inappropriate” link at the bottom of the HIIRC pages. Alternatively, contact the HIIRC team on
These guidelines may be amended from time and time as the HIIRC community develops.
These guidelines are valid from the date shown below.