General Terms and Conditions
The term Health Improvement and Innovation Resource Centre or HIIRC or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to this website developed by the Ministry of Health to provide support to the health sector of New Zealand. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of this website.
Crown Copyright Statement for HIIRC website
Unless otherwise stated, the material available on this website is protected by Crown copyright. You can reproduce this Crown copyright material free of charge and without further permission, as long as you:
- reproduce the material accurately;
- ensure that any disclaimers included on the published information are reproduced on the material;
- ensure the source and copyright status of the material is included;
- do not use the material in a derogatory or inappropriate manner or a in a misleading context;
- do not use the material to promote or endorse any product or service;
- do not sell the material.
Any reproduction of the material must respect the moral rights of the author of the material as set out in Part IV of the Copyright Act 1994.
Photographic and graphic work
No photographic or graphic work on this website, or in any Health Improvement and Innovation Resource Centre publication, may be reproduced out of the document or resource it appears in, without the express written permission of the Ministry of Health.
Parties other than the Ministry of Health
Permission to reproduce Health Improvement and Innovation Resource Centre material does not extend to include any material identified on this website as the copyrighted material of a party other than the Health Improvement and Innovation Resource Centre. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
For any requests or queries about copyright please contact the the Health Improvement and Innovation Resource Centre site administrator.
Linking to this site
You may freely create links to this website from another website or document, using the full URL www.hiirc.org.nz and the following text: The Health Improvement and Innovation Research Centre enables the New Zealand health sector to improve quality, implement innovations and increase productivity: www.hiirc.org.nz,
Participating in the HIIRC site and Registration
To participate in discussions hosted on the HIIRC site, post a comment, add content to the site, or add your details to the directory, you must register for the site and create a user name and password for signing in. You will need a valid email address to confirm your registration. Please only register once.
HIIRC is committed to maintaining a safe computing environment for all users. Regisering for this site is not required to view content. It is required only to add content to this site.
The user name and password do not expire. The use of the user name and password provide access to the capabilities of the HIIRC site related to posting content to the site. All content on this site may be viewed by any individual without registering for the site and without the use of a username and password.
The user of the site is responsbile for ensuring that their username and password are not shared with other individuals. Should you feel that your password has been compromised, contact the HIIRC site administrator at .
The Ministry of Health established HIIRC in 2010 to improve the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders by sharing examples of innovation and quality improvement, and by making New Zealand research more available to people working in health.
How to submit content
You do not need to register for HIIRC to view the content on this site. You do need to register if you wish to participate in any discussion, add your profile, subscribe to daily updates or share your knowledge with your colleagues across New Zealand. See http://www.hiirc.org.nz/section/9624 for more detail.
Who can submit content?
We encourage clinicians, researchers and policy-makers to share their professional experience and insights by submitting material to the HIIRC site.
Some rules for publication
Participation in the HIIRC website constitutes agreement to the following rules, which apply to comments, profile information, any other content on this site, and participation in general.
· Only post items to HIIRC that are relevant to the scope of the site.
· When posting to discussions, be courteous and respect other contributors' viewpoints.
· In accordance with New Zealand law, do not use language that can be considered discriminatory on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual preference, nationality, age, disability, etc.
· Do not use this site to breach court orders or make allegations about people.
· Your contributions must not be personally abusive. Never use threatening language or terms. Do not use swear words, or defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise illegal material.
· Do not put whole words or sentences in capital letters or make excessive use of exclamation marks.
· Do not repeatedly post comments on the same topic that do not substantially address the content of the particular item being commented on.
· Photographs and video may be sent to the site. HIIRC reserves the right to store electronically any pictures sent in by readers.
· Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article and link to, or provide, the source. Posting the entire article, even with the source, often constitutes copyright infringement.
By submitting an item or comment you are consenting to its display on the site. You are also agreeing to abide by the rules, take responsibility for your contributions and accept that your contributions may be edited or deleted.
The administrators of the site reserve the right to correct spelling, grammar mistakes and typographical errors in posted items, and to change any allocated tags to ensure the item appears in the correct section of the site. Items may also be edited to ensure they do not breach copyright laws.
We may amend these guidelines from time and time as the HIIRC community develops.
All discussions posted on HIIRC express their authors’ personal point of view. HIIRC neither supports nor condones the content of these messages, as long as they comply with the publication rules.
Alerting the HIIRC administrators to inappropriate material
It is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of a comment before it is posted. If you believe that someone is in breach of HIIRC’s user guidelines or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please use the “Flag as inappropriate” link at the bottom of the HIIRC pages. Alternatively, contact the HIIRC team on .
The information available on or through this website is intended to provide general information to the public, and is not intended to address specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity. The Ministry of Health makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, completeness or use of any information that is available on or through this website
Those accessing this website are further advised:
- The information on this website may be changed, deleted, added to, or otherwise amended by the Ministry of Health without notice;
- The Ministry of Health is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to, or referenced from, this website. The Ministry of Health neither endorses the information, content, presentation, or accuracy of such other websites, nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other websites;
- Nothing contained on this website is, or shall be relied on as, a promise or representation by the New Zealand Government or the Ministry of Health;
- The contents of this website should not be construed as legal or professional advice and visitors to this website should take specific advice from qualified professional people before undertaking any action following information received from this website;
- Any reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the New Zealand government or the Ministry of Health;
- Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of it.
If you find any information on this website that you believe may be inaccurate, please send an email to the site administrator at info.hiirc.org.nz [email@example.com].